Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Someone new in the house


QT here. The past three days have been a blur: a lot has happened and I am still trying to figure some of it out. I know running into the house after I do my potty business outside is a very good thing. Mom and Jim always say such nice things to me when I do that. If they only knew that all I’m trying to do is beat that bossy princess Bridget back into the house so she doesn’t steal any of my buried cookies or my baby bunny. Oh, and to snuggle up on that comfy stuffed rocking chair before Kaya stakes a claim to it.
A new human came into the house today. I was scared of her since I never saw her before and she walked in like she lives here or something. So I hid in the corner for a while to see what might happen. One thing that happened is that Sid became a swooning idiot. Apparently he thinks this girl belongs to him, because he keeps talking about “my girl is home” or something like that.  I guess she DID live here before she moved somewhere called Ellay and is mom’s daughter. Since she’s part of the family, I decided it would probably be okay to get back on my rocking chair. And it was – that’s a relief. Now maybe I can get my ears scratched…if they don’t come up to me too fast and scare me off my chair.
Things change around here so fast, it's hard for a little girl like me to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment