Monday, April 23, 2012

My first visitor


Day 22: QT again. We had a Visitor today. She came to the house and was very calm and quiet. She sat on the other end of the couch and was very still so I stayed at my end. She s-l-o-w-l-y moved a bacon treat over to me and it smelled so good I ate it. Then she put another one near me but Sid snatched it! What a piggy! Then MaMala took Sid outside so I could get to know the lady Visitor better. She talked in a very soft, calm voice and I liked listening to her. She moved over little by little and pretty soon she was right next to me! But I didn’t want to run away like I usually do when someone gets too close; I’m not sure how she got so close without me noticing but she did. So I sat there and let her feed me bacon treats and rub my ears and belly. Then I licked her hand (I didn’t want to miss any of that yummy bacon). She put a leash on my halter and tried to take me for a walk; I didn’t really cooperate but she was very nice. We did make it outside and down to the walk but it was cold and rainy so we went back in. I was sooooo happy when she unclipped that leash!!! I jumped up into my corner of the couch and got ready to nap. The Visitor sat down right next to me! And picked me up! That was a little too familiar, I thought, but since she was talking so soft and nice and rubbing my ears and belly I let it go. I sat there for a while, then she said good-bye and left. MaMala said the Visitor would come back to see me again; that would be nice, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment