Saturday, May 12, 2012

Toirin's Great Adventure

Day 43 - Apparently when MaMala puts her yard shoes by the back door, she expects them to be there when she wants them. But I like having them with me on the chaise while she is at work. I can put stuff in them, like the nylabone or an antler or a stuffed pig. And they smell like MaMala but I don't have to worry about them trying to pet me or touch me or put me on a leash. Of course, they can't give me treats like MaMala can either.
I heard MaMala talking to someone with that little pink thing near her ear. Toirin got out of his yard yesterday when the Old Woman he and his daddy live with forgot there was no fence behind the vegetable garden and left the gate to the garden open. I am so happy that a nice boy found him at the park and took him to the vet. Since Toirin has a chip they were able to call his daddy to come get him. Now everybody is worried about it happening again. I guess the Old Woman is 92 years old (wow, that is O-L-D, since Bridget is almost 12 and she is ancient) and doesn't always remember to watch out for Toirin, especially when she is doing something else. I guess she was cutting her grass when this happened. So Toirin might come to stay for awhile. That will be fun for me, but I bet Kaya won't be so excited. He really drives her nuts with his barking; she gets right up in his face and BARKS as loud as she can. It doesn't really work because he thinks she is playing with him and so he keeps right on barking. Bridget's snarl and snap approach is a lot more effective. Sid just joins in. Then MaMala gets her little squirt bottle and sprays them with water; that works too! For 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment